Digital marketing has become very important for creating a powerful brand presence. With a new year ahead, you, no doubt, have already read various digital marketing reports, predictions and tools and trends to embrace the digital presence of your brand.
With so many tools and tips, the question is from where to start?
What should be the first step towards creating a powerful digital presence of your brand in 2019?
We have done some heavy lifting for you and have pinned to the elements you should be focusing on in your content process.
With visual content in focus, these are the 7 tips which can effectively boost the digital presence of your brand in 2019.
1. Content is the king for creating digital presence:
When it comes to the most effective and dominant digital marketing technique, content marketing is still the king. Here is why:
- Quality content has a significant impact on SEO and search engine ranking of the website.
- Encourages users to engage with the brand, whether they realize it or not.
- Generates new leads and sales by creating brand awareness and authority in a saturated market.
- Adds value to your product/service, as it solves a problem or teaches them something new.
- Content is a brilliant way to drive traffic to a website and keep consumers on the site for longer.
Consistency is an important factor in creating an authority and making quality backlink profile. It is important to keep a tab on customer insights. This can help in putting together more relevant content, much easier. With quality content in play, organic traffic on your website will increase and you can stop focusing on paid search marketing.
2. Create more engaging and visual content:
B2C Content marketing is getting more competitive day by day. 11% more B2C marketers than B2B marketers say visual content is the most important type of content today. Content Creators are focusing on creating more visually engaging content and effectively measuring their results. Here are the reasons why?
- Monotonous content: Everyone competes for the same content
- Shorter attention spans
- Showing ROI (return on investment) or ROE (return on engagement) accurately is a challenge.
- Content consistency is not so consistent.
- Becoming a Subject Matter Expert for creating a Brand Voice is challenging.
The answer to all the above challenges is VISUAL CONTENT MARKETING.
32% of marketers say visual images are the most important form of content for their business, with blogging in second (27%).
3. Facebook posts with images perform better:
Facebook posts with an image get 2.3 times more engagement than posts without images. Engagement includes likes, shares, and comments on a particular post.
In other words, for every like you get on your facebook post without an image, you could have had at least two more likes or comments by adding an image.
However, the key is: posting a relevant image.
So, what defines a relevant image?
Well, there is no defined answer for that. But, answering the following points can help you in finding the best image fit for your next post.
- Does this image improve what I’m about to say?
- Are the visual (image) and text easy to understand?
- Could there be better-suited images?
- How will my audience react over this image and post?
If the selected image answers all the questions, go ahead. However, if not, let’s open your artboard and draw something new.
4. Tweets with images perform better:
While Facebook is dominant B2C social media platform, Twitter is the dominant B2B social media platform. Twitter engagement is one of the most preferred networking tools for companies according to Hubspot.
However, tweets with images received 150% more retweets than regular tweets.
Twitter is ideal for following news, driving traffic, and even finding new talent. Keep posting relevant tweets and retweeting tweets of experts, and you will connect with like-minded professionals.
5. Infographics perform better than any other form of content:
Infographics perform better than other forms of content when it comes to creating the digital presence of your brand. There are several reasons for that. Some of them are:
- There is information overload and lesser attention span.
- Infographics present the vast data in form of visual stories.
- 90% of info transmitted to our brains is visual
- Infographics make use of the Picture Superiority Effect
- Well made infographics go viral.
With infographics performing 3 times better than any other form of content on social media in terms of likes and sharing, it’s a good time to use infographics for creating and maintaining the digital presence of your brand.
6. Visual User Generated Content is more engaging:
Visual user-generated content or VUGC is more engaging than brand-produced photos. 85 percent of users find Visual UGC more influential than brand photos or videos. Consumers also find UGC helpful in the decision-making process.
So, how to get User Generated Content? Here are some tools brands have been using overtime:
- Hashtags in social media posts.
- Photo sharing contests over social media while tagging the brand’s official page.
- Hashtags and photo sharing contests while tagging the brand’s official page.
- Making consumer the hero rather than the brand.
However the question stays that, how can brands consistently create compelling visual content that gets traction on social media platforms? The answer is Infographics.
7. The increasing demand for interactive content:
Engagement is an all-important method for building brand affinity. It leads to building the relationship with the consumer that leads to building trust that leads to building sales that leads to building a business.
This includes offering DIY solutions, Answering search queries, engaging users with social games, and effective use of gamification in app or website.